Carrabassett Backcountry Cycle ChallengeSaturday July 13, 2019
The 9th annual Carrabassett Backcountry Cycle Challenge (CBCC) is part of the National Ultra Endurance Series and is the largest yearly fundraiser for the Carrabassett Valley trail network. We had a great 2018 race with nearly 500 participants – looking forward to 2019! You can visit the CBCC Facebook page to see photos and stay in touch with what’s happening with the race.
Aid stations are available approximately every 15 miles in the 100k. Drop bags can be left for each aid station, additional details will be provided at the venue the night before.
While the final course is subject to change, these maps from past races are close to what you can expect this year.
100K PreviewView the 2017 course on Strava.
50K PreviewView the 2017 course on Strava.
25K PreviewView the 2017 course on Strava.
Make it a Weekend!
Plan to make it a weekend in Carrabassett Valley; ride the new single track at a relaxed pace on Sunday with your family or friends or for a change of pace, hike up the Burnt Mountain Trail or to the summit of Sugarloaf. You can hike or bike to one of the Maine Huts & Trails huts or visit Sugarloaf Resort for a chairlift ride, zip line ride, or to rent a kayak or paddle board to explore Flagstaff Lake.
Your CBCC race entry fee includes free car and tent camping at the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center. Car camping will be in the lower parking lot area and tent camping in the “stadium” field (no cars on the field). Please note, there is a limited number of car camping spaces at the venue (first come, first serve). If you prefer to book a room, we’ve included local lodging options below. Book early for best availability.
- Sugarloaf Resort (Carrabassett Valley) – 1-800-THE-LOAF
- For 2018 Sugarloaf is offering 15% off lodging (Friday and Saturday nights) to all CBCC racers, volunteers and spectators. Mention this discount when you call to make the reservation.
- Hostel of Maine (Carrabassett Valley) – 207-237-0088
- Spillover Motel and Inn at Stratton Brook – Stratton – 207-246-6571
- Stratton Motel and Hostel – Stratton 207-246-4171
- Stratton Plaza Hotel – Stratton 207-246-2000
- White Wolf Inn – Stratton 207-246-2922
- The Herbert Grand Hotel – Kingfield 207-265-2000.
- The Mountain View Motel – Stratton – 207-246-2033
- The Mountain Village Farm B&B – Kingfield – 207-265-2030
- Stanley Avenue – Kingfield – 207-265-5541
- The Inn on Winter’s Hill – Kingfield – 207-340-1020
- Darling’s Auto Group
- The Town of Carrabassett Valley
- Carrabassett Region NEMBA
- Sugarloaf Mountain
- Maine Huts & Trails
- Skowhegan Savings Bank
- Sugarloaf Ski Patrol
- Backcountry Builders
- Franklin Search & Rescue
- Carrabassett Valley Academy
- Gorham Bike & Ski
- Jotul North America
- Carrabassett Sanitary District
- Baxter Brewing Company
- Pine State Vending
- Tumbledown Brewing
- Hammer Nutrition
- Cole Harrison Insurance
- Bisson Family
- Fotter’s Market
- Poland Spring
- Rolling Fatties
- The SugarBowl
- Valley Gas & Oil
- Coca Cola of Farmington
- Orange Cat Cafe
- The Bag & Kettle
- Mountainside Images
- Gifford’s Ice Cream
- F.I.S. Sports Ski and Bike
- Carver Bikes
- Adam Platz
- Maine Bureau of Parks & Lands
- Penobscot Indian Nation
- KC’s Creations
- The Rack
- Rose Bike Shop
- Honey Stinger
- Carrabassett Valley Police Department
- Anti-Gravity Complex
- Allspeed Cyclery & Snow
- Carrabassett Coffee Company
- Northern Lights Hearth & Sports
- Squirt Lube
- Jordan Lumber Company
- Carrabassett Valley Bike