11th Carrabassett Backcountry Cycle ChallengeSaturday July 16, 2022
2021 CBCC was a great success!!
See you all in 2022!!!
*** SOLD OUT ***
A racers guide will be sent out the week of the race with additional details needed for race day.
Course maps for the 2021 CBCC below.
Your CBCC race entry fee includes free car and tent camping at the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center. Car camping will be in the lower parking lot area and tent camping in the “stadium” field (no cars on the field). Please note, there is a limited number of car camping spaces at the venue (first come, first serve). If you prefer to book a room, we’ve included local lodging options below. Book early for best availability.
- Sugarloaf Resort (Carrabassett Valley) – 1-800-THE-LOAF
- Sugarloaf is offering a 15% retail lodging discount at the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel or any on-mountain condos for CBCC racers, spectators, and volunteers for the following dates: July 15, 2022 to July 17, 2022. To receive the discount, call the Sugarloaf reservations office at 1-800-THE-LOAF to make a reservation and mention the CBCC discount.
- Hostel of Maine (Carrabassett Valley) – 207-237-0088
- The Sugarloaf Inn – (Carrabassett Valley) – 207-387-9711
- Spillover Motel and Inn at Stratton Brook – Stratton – 207-246-6571
- Stratton Motel and Hostel – Stratton 207-246-4171
- Stratton Plaza Hotel – Stratton 207-246-2000
- White Wolf Inn – Stratton 207-246-2922
- The Herbert Grand Hotel – Kingfield 207-265-2000.
- The Mountain View Motel and Campground – Stratton – 207-246-2033
- Book Mountain View Motel & Campground lodging by calling them at 207-246-2033. They are offering a $10 discount per night on tent sites and cabin stays for CBCC racers for the following dates: July 15, 2022 – July 17, 2022.
- The Mountain Village Farm B&B – Kingfield – 207-265-2030
- Stanley Avenue – Kingfield – 207-265-5541
- The Inn on Winter’s Hill – Kingfield – 207-340-1020
- Terrapin Hostel in Kingfield – Kingfield – 207-491-7786
- Apres Village (Carrabassett Valley) – 207-835-0914
- Maine’s Northwestern Mountains – Additional Information and Lodging
- Darling’s Auto Group
- The Town of Carrabassett Valley
- Carrabassett Region NEMBA
- Sugarloaf Mountain
- Maine Huts & Trails
- Skowhegan Savings Bank
- Sugarloaf Ski Patrol
- Backcountry Builders
- Franklin Search & Rescue
- Carrabassett Valley Academy
- Gorham Bike & Ski
- Jotul North America
- Carrabassett Sanitary District
- Baxter Brewing Company
- Pine State Vending
- Tumbledown Brewing
- Hammer Nutrition
- Cole Harrison Insurance
- Bisson Family
- Fotter’s Market
- Poland Spring
- Rolling Fatties
- The SugarBowl
- Valley Gas & Oil
- Coca Cola of Farmington
- Orange Cat Cafe
- The Bag & Kettle
- Mountainside Images
- Gifford’s Ice Cream
- F.I.S. Sports Ski and Bike
- Carver Bikes
- Adam Platz
- Maine Bureau of Parks & Lands
- Penobscot Indian Nation
- KC’s Creations
- The Rack
- Rose Bike Shop
- Honey Stinger
- Carrabassett Valley Police Department
- Anti-Gravity Complex
- Allspeed Cyclery & Snow
- Carrabassett Coffee Company
- Northern Lights Hearth & Sports
- Squirt Lube
- Jordan Lumber Company
- Carrabassett Valley Bike
Make it a Weekend!
Plan to make it a weekend in Carrabassett Valley; ride the new single track at a relaxed pace on Sunday with your family or friends or for a change of pace, hike up the Burnt Mountain Trail or to the summit of Sugarloaf. You can hike or bike to one of the Maine Huts & Trails huts or visit Sugarloaf Resort for a chairlift ride, zip line ride, or to rent a kayak or paddle board to explore Flagstaff Lake.